Thursday, March 19, 2009

Yesterday I was feeling pretty sick, so my lovely hubby dropped my daughter and I off at the hospital so I could get treated for a sore throat. Joe had been sick before, but I got to the point where my throat hurt so bad I couldn't stand it. Come to find out, I have Strep Throat.... and here is where my amazing (and sick) husband jumps into action. He waits around at the hospital for my prescription with me and then takes me home. Then after work he goes BACK to the pharmacy to pick up my antibiotics. He gets home around 6:30 p.m. and I am exhausted and had been in the recliner for 4 hours. He gets food for the two girls while I sleep. Then after all the girls are in bed he pulls all the bedding from upstairs down into the living room. At 3 a.m. I wake up freezing and with a temp of 103. Joe immediately puts 3-4 blankets on me and rubs my feet till I fall asleep. Around 4:45 a.m. he wakes me up to take some meds and again rubs my feet till I sleep. I was awake for about 20 min around 7:30 a.m. and Joe called my visiting teacher to see if she could watch Rhynli for me, since I was incapacitated. He ran around like crazy for me, trying to make things easier on me.

Work was though, and he had to leave early to get Rhynli, then back to the house to get Ceilidha and head out to the RES Art Show. When they came back Joe looked completely worn out. He can hardly speak because his throat hurts so bad and yet he had me sit back and relax while he put both girls to bed. Now, as I sit here typing, Joe is sleep on the couch. He figures that since he can't sleep with me, he can sleep as close as possible to me. Last night he slept on the floor by the recliner. Tomorrow he is going to see about going into the doctor as well. He is such an amazing guy.

1 comment: